How to obtain a minor building permit in Moraira

Where do I apply for a minor building permit (obra menor) in Moraira for?

The obligatory nature and the need to apply for a minor building permit will be determined by the relevant authority in the province where the land is located. In this case, the Urban Planning Department. 

It will be in charge of processing, approving and issuing the licence to each of the applicants according to the tax ordinances.

The minor works licence can be applied for either in person or online in Moraira. Both the requirement, the modification of data or check the status of the processing, just a click away thanks to the electronic certificate or digital ID. All you have to do is fill in all the details, send the documentation and pay the fee. Each and every one of the requirements can be completed online at the following link:


Necessary documentation to obtain the Minor Works Licence in Moraira:

- Situation plan of the work according to the PGOU (compulsory if the cadastral reference is not indicated).

- Estimated measurement of work units.

- Marking of alignments and gradients (only in the event that the work affects a public road).

- Tree plan (in the case of requesting minor works for exterior works, inside it is not necessary).

- Model form signed by the declarant and/or by the representative, if applicable, indicating the identification details of the person/s, and by the Technician responsible for the works, if applicable, in which the signatory/s DECLARE RESPONSIBLY that all the requirements for carrying out the works described are fulfilled and that they comply with the provisions of this Ordinance.

- Payment of the Tax (see next section)



First requirement to obtain the licence for minor works in Moraira:

Payment of the corresponding fees:  2.4% of the building budget and 2.1% urban tax, i.e. in total (4.4% of the building budget).

IMPORTANT NOTE: If the budget exceeds 5.000€ and the works may damage the local infrastructure, a deposit of 4% of the PEM (material execution budget) must be paid. This deposit will be refunded once the Town Council's technicians have checked the state of the infrastructure.


How to obtain the self-assessment and pay the fee?  

By credit or debit card (through the VIRTUAL OFFICE>AUTOLIQUIDACIONES or offices of the Town Hall of Teulada and Moraira ) Here is the link:



Definition of Obra Menor in Moraira

Minor works are those which, due to their characteristics, do not affect the safety of people or the structure of the buildings, nor do they require the use of large means or machinery, and therefore, do not require the drawing up of projects, or in many cases the intervention of specialist technicians and can be carried out by building contractors, installers, or expert bricklayers, without further ado. However, they should take into consideration that the intervention of qualified personnel is always positive and highly advisable in order to ensure the proper execution of the work, safety and the correct use of materials and trades.


When is a minor building (obra menor) permit required in Moraira?

The main difference between a minor building permit and a major building permit is that it does not require a construction project. That is to say, architects, surveyors or any other qualified technician are not required to create, supervise or approve a previous project. This does not exempt professionals such as labourers, carpenters or joiners from taking part in the work.

The purpose is to guarantee the safety, health and wellbeing of the work. In general, a minor building permit will be required for:

- Installing or replacing doors or windows
- Adapting the property for a person with reduced mobility
- Changing the floor of the property
- Tiling the ceiling or installing mouldings
- Renovate the entire plumbing and/or electrical installation.
- Paint the façade. Whether it is a country house, cottage or detached villa
- Change the locks on doors and windows
- Installing air-conditioning
- Remove architectural barriers

When in doubt, it is best to seek information from a professional or the competent authority. Even if a licence is not required, it may be necessary to comply with certain building codes and safety regulations.


Latest news
© 2023 Brassa Homes® - All Rights Reserved Software Inmobiliario Sooprema
Manage consent
I disagree →


We use our own and third-party cookies to personalise the website, analyse our services and show you advertising based on your browsing habits and preferences.

For more information visit our
Cookies Policy

Configuration Accept all I disagree